Thursday, March 25, 2010

Non-Negotiable Needs


During our morning meeting time at the beginning of the year, I asked my students this question--"What do you need from a teacher in order for you to learn best?" Below is the chart of what these sixth graders said that early September morning. It's March now, and I realize that no matter the time of day, the time of year, the kind of class, or the age of the student, I need to live out this list for my students. They deserve nothing less.
I'm off to school....to help my kids survive the morning's standardized testing and then (most importantly) to teach and learn from them.
XOXO,
AM

1 comment:

  1. Ann Marie - what a wonderful idea! Your students are lucky to have you!

    My spring break started today. We're almost to Hilton Head. So excited to read, write, walk, ride bikes, eat seafood, nestle my feet in the sand, and rest!

    ReplyDelete